[BHS etree] MISC: Looking for a Student Volunteer for BerkeleyHigh.org Site

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Jul 31 15:23:20 PDT 2007

ETREE note:  Below is a message from Brandon Oto
<brandon at degreesofclarity.com>, the founder and former webmanager of
BerkeleyHigh.org, a student-run, independent community site for BHS.

******

BerkeleyHigh.org, a community-based, student-run, unofficial website
for BHS, is looking for a chief editor and maintainer for next year.

This is an independent site that publishes news, information,
opinions, or anything related to the school community; this year it
will be going into its sixth year of operation. The third BH.org
proprietor has graduated, and the site needs a new head for '07-'08
and beyond.

The tradition of this site is to give free rein to its new owners, so
if you take over, the ship is yours; whatever purpose or focus you
think would be most useful or interesting in a community website,
that's your call to make. The job requires some basic web skills or at
least the willingness to learn them, competence (or better yet,
virtuosity) as a writer, and the dedication to consistently give some
of your time to the site for at least a year. (When you graduate or
leave the school, you're done; it goes to new hands. However, if
you're not yet a senior, you're perfectly welcome to run things for
more than one year.)

This is a pretty cool opportunity; you'll have the chance to write and
create content for an audience of a very large community -- students,
parents, faculty, and other interested parties -- and make some
influence known during your time at BHS. And I know for a fact that
several students have had this on their applications as they applied
to college, or their resumes as they applied for jobs.

If you have any interest in this, drop me a line at
brandon at berkeleyhigh.org, or call (831) 239-0683. If you have some
friends who are also interested, a team of several would be just as
good or better. Let's keep this legacy going and keep open our only
totally independent outlet of communication.

******