[BHS etree] SPORTS: Athletic Hall of Fame - SOOP, BUSD and Coach T?

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed May 23 12:46:03 PDT 2007

contact: MK Murlas  510-866-9050   murlas at sbcglobal.net

What do SOOP, BUSD Nutritional Services and Coach T have in common?

They are volunteering their services and food at the Inaugural Hall
of Fame Celebration on Saturday, June 2nd, 3:00 - 6:30 pm, BHS
Donahue Gym as part of the Walk Around Tasting.  They will be joining
9 other restaurants serving food.

SOOP -  Linda Della, co-owner and BHS freshman parent will be
serving.  Her son played football and baseball this year.  She
started SOOP in 2004 with Marc Kelley.  SOOP is located in north
Berkeley in the new Epicurious Garden.  They make 8-10 soups each day
plus stews on the weekends and pasta sauces too.  It is a great
option for take out and take home.  Check out their offerings at
www.sooptogo.com.<http://www.sooptogo.com/>

BUSD Nurition Services and Chef Ann Cooper will be working their
magic for the event.  Chef Ann and her staff have been changing the
way our students think about school food.  Leaving frozen foods
behind, meals are prepared from scratch that is 100% fresh.  You can
learn more about the changes at BUSD at www.chefann.com and
www.schoollunchinitiative.org.

Coach T and Doggie High - In 1972, Coach Vince Trahan, was the third
leading scorer on the State Champion Berkeley High School basketball
team. He continues in the BHS basketball world as a coach.   He also
owns Doggie High right across the street from BHS.  He says "I
measure my success by the number of kids that, over the years, come
up from freshman in high school, grow up, go off to college and when
they come back to town on break the first thing they do is come to
see me, give me a hug and thank me for something I told them a long
time ago that made a difference in their lives."  www.DoggieHigh.com

Mary Kay (MK) Murlas
510-866-9050