[BHS etree] SUPT: BUSD Family Diversity / LGBT Inclusion Strategy Meeting

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Apr 30 07:58:44 PDT 2007

Contact: For more info call Judy at (415) 981-1960 or
mailto:judy at ourfamily.org

BUSD Family Diversity / LGBT Inclusion Strategy Meeting

RECOGNIZING FAMILY DIVERSITY IMPACTS EVERYONE!
EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

Tuesday May 22, 2007
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at Le Conte Elementary School
2241 Russell St., Berkeley

Agenda:

Report back from school sites
Let us know if/what has happened at your school – the exciting work and
troubling developments.

Update on District Board Policy
We have finished a draft of a board policy on supporting family diversity
at BUSD that now needs to be reviewed.
Hear from School Board member John Selawsky about the process for
introducing the policy and what we can do to support its success.

Plans for Family Diversity work in our Schools Next Year
Let's brainstorm how to start off the year with plans for school safety
work, staff development and curriculum ideas.

Next meeting times
Should we meet over the summer?

BUSD administrators, staff, parents/caregivers and other allies will
discuss what can be done and what is being done to integrate lesbian, gay,
bisexual and transgender headed families and general family diversity
curriculum into our schools, how to make schools safer and more inclusive,
how to work with the parent community and how to incorporate these issues
into overall anti-bullying work.

Free childcare and light dinner will be provided.

Organized by a collective of district parents, teachers, administrators,
School Board, Our Family Coalition  and  the BUSD Public Information Office
.

For more info call Judy at (415) 981-1960 or email her at [
mailto:judy at ourfamily.org ] judy at ourfamily.org.