[BHS etree] STUDENTACTIVITIES OFFICE: Student Activities Update....

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Apr 24 16:35:23 PDT 2007

Do not reply if you have any questions please call 510-644-8990 or
email
<mailto:Edith_Jordan at berkeley.k12.ca.us>Edith_Jordan at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Greetings BHS Family,

This week in student activities.....

Junior Prom was absolutely fabulous!  The evening opened with a live
jazz quartet giving us a beautiful look at "A Swing Back in Time".
The outfits were gorgeous, and everyone had a good time.  The caterer
provided a delicious spread of sandwiches, fruits, vegetables, and of
course goodies for the chocolate fountain!

Seniors: Tickets for Senior Prom are going on sale this week during
lunch and afterschool at the Allston Way box office.  The price is
$50.00 this week and will increase by $5.00 each week until the Prom.
If you are bringing a guest who does not attend BHS they must be 20
years of age or younger and you must get a guest pass for them along
with a copy of a photo I.D.  If you need a guest pass, please come by
D-148.

Graduation is approaching fast!  If you have not ordered your cap and
gown it is not too late to do so, but you should take care of it
ASAP!  Come by D-148 to pick up the form if you do not have one!
Don't wait!

****Lastly, if you have a son or daughter looking for something to be
a part of, then leadership might be for them!  Next year the students
and I have plans to expand leadership into three branches of
activities.  With the newest addition of the BHS Cheer Squads, we
have now added the beginning of the sports component to student
activities.  We will also have a community service branch, and an
activities based branch (dances, events, etc.) with the hopes of
creating more opportunities for students with different interests to
be a part of student government also known as Student Activities.
Currently we are accepting applications, so if this sounds like your
student, then send them my way!  I am looking forward to a great
2007-2008 school year!

Much Respect,
Ms. Jordan