[BHS etree] SUPT: Spring Youth TV Camp: Deadline Extended

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sat Mar 24 13:07:27 PDT 2007

Please do not hit reply, contact 510-848-2288 Ask
for Hal/Katherine or mailto:info at betv.org

DEADLINE EXTENDED FOR
Spring Youth TV Camp 2007

What have you planned for your adventurous middle or high school student
to do over the Spring Break? So far eight BUSD students have signed up for
Berkeley Community Media's Spring Youth TV Camp, and there is room for at
least seven more students. This is a great opportunity for kids to learn
and experience all levels of television production, and to create actual
TV programs for broadcast. How cool could that be? Berkeley Community
Media has offered this opportunity to our students during our summer and
holiday breaks and the kids have loved it.

Mark Coplan, BUSD Public Information Officer
------------------------

Berkeley Youth TV Camp will teach you how to create
your own television show from beginning to end.

Learn:  Directing, Hosting, Camera, Audio, Switching, Graphics,
Interviewing and Writing a television show.

Shows will be aired on cable TV in Berkeley on
B-TV Channels 28 and 33.

Youth participants will get experience working in every crew position.
What are you interested in?  Make a show that you’d like to watch.

By the end of the week-long session, you will be certified in studio
production at BCM and can continue to create your own shows for free!
Participants will also receive a free membership to BCM and
be eligible to take other classes throughout the year.

Session Dates:
April 2-6, Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00 pm (BERKELEY HIGH SPRING BREAK)
Ages: 13-20 years old

Location:
2239 Martin Luther King Jr. Way (in the G Building of Berkeley High)

Cost:  $200

Extended Deadline:  Friday March 30, 2007

Contact: 510-848-2288 Ask for Hal/Katherine or email info at betv.org

Financial Aid: May be available to qualified students upon submission of
proof of financial need (such as tax forms, paystubs, social security,
etc.)

Registration: Please go to our website at
http://betv.org/workshops/youthcamp_signup07.pdf or fill out the attached
registration form and mail it with a check, or pay by credit card over the
phone.

Class Size: Limited to 15 students.

Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will be honored if made two weeks
before session start date.