[BHS etree] CLUBS: Building with Books - March 18 Fundraising Dinner

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Mar 14 15:04:11 PDT 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Sua Im
[mailto:sua_im at yahoo.com]

Hello Everyone,
My name is Sua Im and I am a senior at Berkeley High School.  I am
also the co-president of the Building with Books Club.

We are planning a fundraising dinner on Sunday, March 18th, 2007 and
need parents and staff members to attend.  The dinner will be held
from 6 to 8pm and seats are $30 to $60 on a sliding scale.  All
proceeds from this dinner will go towards building schoolhouses in
developing countries.

Local restaurants from all over Berkeley have donated to our
fundraiser.  We will also have a silent auction varying from gift
certificates to local stores and restaurants to SF Giant's tickets to
a weekend getaway in the mountains!  This is a great opportunity to
donate to a good cause and also enjoy a fabulous dinner.

Building with Books is an international organization that serves the
local and global community, fundraises to build schoolhouses in
developing countries, and spreads global education.  BWB workds with
high school students all over the country.  Approximately $16,000 is
required to build an entire schoolhouse.

Along with building the schoolhouse, additional funds are used to send
one or two students from each participating high school on the BWB
Trek for Knowledge.  On this trip, students reside in a village for
two weeks and help build the schoolhouse with others residing in the
village.

If you are interested in attending, please bring cash or a check make
out to Building with Books to the Leadership Office in D148.  If you
have any questions, feel free to email me at sua_im at yahoo.com.

If you cannot attend this dinner, but would like to donate, please
send checks made out to Building with Books to:

Ashley Shult, Building with Books
255 Bush St. Suite 1330
San Francisco, Ca 94104

*Please put Berkeley High School on the check so the students can meet
their fundraising goal.

If you would like to know more about Building with Books, visit the
website at www.buildingwithbooks.org