[BHS etree] ADMIN: Important Information From the Student Activities Office

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Feb 2 11:44:51 PST 2007

Please do not reply to this email, contact Edith Jordan @644-8990 or
Edith_Jordan at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Hello Berkeley Family,

Thanks to all of you who donated money for the class of 2009's
WinterBall!  The event was successful and they worked very well
together.  Stay tuned for the next planned event.   This week has been
really exciting in Leadership!

Seniors:
The seniors are doing their walk-through of their chosen prom
location.  This year the class of 2007 wanted to have their event at
the gorgeous Julia Morgan Room in SF.  On February 8th we will be
leaving school at 2:00pm to do a decoration tour of the location!
More details to come later!

The last day to receive the pre-order discount for cap and gowns was
January 31st.  The new price will be $40.00.  I am sorry to any family
who missed the pre-order date, our supplier was very gracious and
extended the pre-order date until the end January.  The cap and gown
supplier, Achievers, will be back at school to take orders on February
6th, 2007.

Juniors:
The juniors are planning their prom which is going to be April 21st.
They are in the process of delegating responsibilities and will be
doing another walk-through of their location as soon as they can.  If
you are interested in helping the junior class with their prom, please
contact me.  As many of you know, their WinterBall last year cost them
money so they are currently planning their prom on a very small
budget.  If you have any resources, questions, or are interested in
helping the juniors plan prom, again contact me!

Sophomores:
The sophomore class is riding a successful wave due to WinterBall!
The dance was great and the students had a great time!  Thanks again
to the parents who came and supported the BHS Family.  It was great to
see so many adults helping our youth be successful!  Many, many, many
thanks!  The class of 09' is currently looking to plan and participate
in their next event!  More details to come later....

Freshman:
Freshman leadership is growing!  Thanks to all of you who sent your
children to come by and check out Leadership!  The freshman class is
growing and there is still room for more!  The MORP, or backwards PROM
is the next event on the calendar.  It is a freshman sponsored event,
but it is open to everyone!  It is a very affordable dance and a
chance for the freshman leadership students to fundraise for the class
of 2010.  If you are a freshman parent interested in helping with MORP
or wanting to donate something, please contact me!

Thank you to all the people who have called or emailed me a welcome.
I really appreciate the support I have received in this new position.

Much Respect,
Edith Jordan
644-8990
Edith_Jordan at berkeley.k12.ca.us