[BHS etree] ADMIN/VOLUNTEERS: Third call for Exit Exam help

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Jan 29 19:10:14 PST 2007

contact: Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

Thank you very much to everyone who has already volunteered to help
administer the 2007 Exit Exam for the 10th grade class on  Tuesday and
Wednesday, February 6 and 7.  The afternoon  and early morning shifts have
just about filled up but we still need help from 8:30 to noon  ESPECIALLY on
Wednesday.  Wednesday Feb. 7 is a Late Start Day so everyone except
Sophomores will be coming to school at 10. Perhaps this is why so few have
volunteered. Even teachers, who will be available to proctor on Tuesday,
will not be available due to the staff development which takes place.
Currently, I have three volunteers for the morning on Wednesday.  We need a
minimum of seven more  volunteers to pull this off.  Please consider
volunteering--especially if you are the parent of a 10th grader.  If you can
help, email me at jhuseby at pacbell.net   Thank you!  Janet

REPEAT: Testing information
We need close to 30 people EACH
day in order to administer the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) to
the entire 10th grade. If you can possible help during one of the three
shifts, please volunteer.  As a bonus to sophomore parents, this is a rare
opportunity to observe ALL of your student's colleagues in one glance.

Each day is  divided into three shifts:
1. 7:15 to 8:30  (The first shift will be in charge of making sure each
student has the proper test and answer sheet--a massive logistical
challenge.)

2. 8:30 to noon (The second shift will monitor the test and start collecting
and organizing the completed tests.)

3. Noon to 2.(The third shift will continue to monitor and organize the
returned tests.)

The testing will take place in four sections of the Old Gym (entrance on
Milvia).  The tests are not timed.  As students complete their test they
return to the regular schedule.  All students take the test both days.  The
exit exam is offered once to sophomores, twice to juniors and three times to
seniors. Starting last year, all students MUST pass the exam in order to
receive a California high school diploma. If a sophomore passes the test,
they do not have to take it again. The exam will start at 7:30 in the old
gym on Milvia Street.

I will have approximately 10 parking passes which I will distribute on a
first come first served basis though we are hoping for more than 10 per
shift per day. If you can help, please let me know what day and what time at
jhuseby at pacbell.net

Thank you dear community.