[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Sophomore Exit Exam, Feb. 6,7: Help needed

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Jan 22 20:09:33 PST 2007

Please do not hit reply, contact: Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. On Tuesday and Wednesday, February 6 and 7, Berkeley High will be
offering the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) to our entire 10th
grade class. This is a high stakes test and we want our students to have a
calm and orderly test taking venue. In order to do so, we are asking the
community's help, your help, with checking in students, monitoring the test,
collecting the booklets and then redistributing them the following day. We
need volunteers starting at 7:10 am and going until 3 pm--on both days.

We have divided the days into three shifts: 7:15 to 8:30, 8:30 to noon and
noon to three (approximately.)
* The first shift will be in charge of making sure each student has the
proper test and answer sheet.
* The second shift will monitor the test and start collecting and organizing
the completed tests.
* The third shift will continue to monitor and organize the returned tests.

The actual testing will take place in four (maybe five) rooms of the OLD
GYM--all of which means more people needed.  I will have approximately 10
parking passes which I will distribute on a first come first served basis
though we are hoping for more than 10 per shift per day. If you can help,
please let me know what day and what time you can help at
jhuseby at pacbell.net

BACKGROUND INFO: The exit exam is offered once to sophomores, twice to
juniors and three times to seniors. Starting last year, all students MUST
pass the exam in order to receive a California high school diploma. If a
sophomore passes the test, they do not have to take it again. The exam will
start at 7:30 in the old gym on Milvia Street.