[BHS etree] EVENTS: From Office of Student Activities to all grades

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jan 17 15:30:11 PST 2007

Please DO NOT HIT REPLY, contact: Edith_Jordan at berkeley.ca.k12.us or
call 644-8990

Hello Berkeley Family,

Thank you to the people who have responded to my email.  I am glad to
see so many parents tuned into their children's lives!  This week in
D-148...

Seniors:  Pre-order forms for cap and gowns are available in room
D-148 on a first come, first serve basis.  Achievers will be at BHS
again this month to take orders on January 31st.  That day will be
the last day to turn in pre-registration forms and receive the
pre-order discount.  Caps and gowns will be available later in the
year, but at a slightly higher rate.  Stop by the Office of Student
Activities to receive a pre-order form before they are gone!

Juniors: The date has been set for Jr. Prom.  If you are interested
in helping the class of 2008 have a wonderful JR. prom experience
please let us know.  This class of leadership students have been
through a lot and could definitely use some support.  If you would
like to help, please contact me through email ofr call 644-8990 and I
will provide you with more information.

Sophomores: The sophomore sponsored event for the year, WinterBall,
is approaching quickly.  Thank you to the people who responded to the
first email I sent.  Anyone else who would like to donate, can send
any amount to Berkeley High School 1980 Allston Way 94704 Attn: Bobby
Reed WinterBall Donation for Sophomore Class 2009.

Now I would like to respond to a few questions that have been asked.
I will gladly answer anymore questions you have, just email
Edith_Jordan at berkeley.ca.k12.us or call 644-8990

1. The WinterBall is a fund raiser for the sophomore class of any
given group of students at BHS.  Each year each class sponsors an
event to make money for their final send off, Sr. Prom, so this years
freshman class will sponsor next years WinterBall.

2. The event was calendared and set when I took the position.  The
location was set, prices determined, deposits sent, etc.  I decided
to reach out for community support when I realized that these tickets
were the highest tickets ever for WinterBall!  Next year we will plan
differently and more affordably, but for now, some students can still
use support.

I hope this answers the most common questions asked.  If you have
anymore, just call or email.

Freshman:  The freshman class is currently working on building
cohesive capacity as a group.  They have undergone a lot of changes
and have reached out to their class for more volunteers.  Their event
is called the MORP or the backwards PROM.  The date has been somewhat
set (they still might change it), but they could still use help
organizing and gathering resources.  Please be in touch if you would
like to help them out.

Well this is it for the week.  Everyone, have a good one!
Much Respect,
Edith Jordan