[BHS etree] ADMIN: From the Office of Student Activities

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jan 10 16:13:55 PST 2007

Please do not hit REPLY, contact Edith Jordan, 644-8990 or
[mailto:edith_jordan at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

Hello Berkeley Family,

For those of you who do not know me yet, my name is Edith Jordan and I
am the new Director of Student Activities at our lovely BHS!  I am
truly excited about working with your children and I would love any
suggestions you have to make our school more exciting yet academically
and emotionally stimulating.

Currently, the Sophomore class is hosting a winterball at the Dunsmuir
House in Oakland.  Tickets are now $60.00 and a large percentage of
students who attend BHS cannot afford the tickets.  I would like to
set up a scholarship fund for all paid events at BHS but this will
require donations.  In this fund students can petition for tickets by
demonstrating civic responsibility, academic excellence, teachers can
refer them, or they may have familial hardship.  Either way, I would
like to see students who would like to go, have some sort of access.
If you are interested in donating funds, have fundraising ideas, or
would like to simply volunteer, please call the Office of Student
Activites @ 510-644-8990.  Remember high school is what you make it,
and we can make it great for our children.

Also to the parents of graduates, Achievers will be back this month!
If you have not ordered your cap and gown, you can order it in
February.  The price will be going up, so if you have pre-order
information, please mail it, so you can receive the pre-order
discount!  Tell your students to listen for the bulletin announcements
or stop by room D148 and ask for Ms. Jordan.
Congradulations future parents of the class of 2007, you are almost
there!

Much Respect,

Edith Jordan
Director of Student Activivites