[BHS etree] Join Us! BUSD Family Diversity/LGBT Inclusion Mtg. Jan. 9

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Jan 7 15:32:38 PST 2007

Berkeley Family Diversity School/ LGBT Inclusion Strategy Meeting

Join us for our second meeting –

ALL MEMBERS OF THE BUSD COMMUNITY ARE WELCOME!

Tuesday January 9

6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at B-Tech, 2701 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, (Berkeley)

Join a strategic discussion about how BUSD schools are working to be
welcoming for all families, including those headed by lesbian, gay,
bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people. BUSD administrators, staff,
parents/caregivers and other allies will discuss what can be done and what
is being done to integrate LGBT and general family diversity curriculum
into schools, how to make schools safer and more inclusive, how to work
with the parent community and how to incorporate these issues into overall
anti-bullying work.

One of the things we talked about at the first meeting was how important
it is for LGBT and heterosexual parents/caregivers and BUSD
representatives to join together in conversation about these important
issues.  It is also key that people from all racial and ethnic communities
are included in these conversations.  Please join us!

Free Child Care will be provided.

For more info call Judy at (415) 981-1960 or email her at [
mailto:judy at ourfamily.org ]judy at ourfamily.org.

Organized by BUSD Parent Outreach Office, district parents and Our Family
Coalition.
Judy Appel
Executive Director
Our Family Coalition
870 Market Street, Suite 872
San Francisco, CA  94102
ph: 415-981-1960    fax: 415-981-1962

www.ourfamily.org

If you are not a member, join Our Family Coalition today.

Mark A. Coplan
Public Information Officer, BUSD
510-644-6320
Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us