[BHS etree] MISC: Measure A Wins Big! Thanks to all Berkeley schools participants

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Nov 8 06:42:11 PST 2006

Etree note: Berkeley High students are noted for their participation
in the Measure A campaign...

Please do not hit reply, contact David Manson Berkeley Measure A
[mailto:dmanson at berkeleymeasurea.com]

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

As of 1:40am today, with 90% of the precincts reporting, Measure A
has exceeded our wildest expectations....we have captured 78.76% of
the vote!

I wanted to say a few words of thanks to all of the people who have
been so instrumental in making such an historical impact for our
schools.  The more I thought of it, however, the more I realized my
message would be close to the length of a book if I did so.  This
campaign has truly been a community-wide effort, with so many people
from 2 year olds in strollers with Measure A signs to grandmothers
pitching in to lend a hand.

I hope that it will suffice to say how much I personally have
appreciated working with all of you - it is a rare treat and a
genuine blessing to have had the opportunity to work alongside so
many passionate, dedicated and giving people.  Our children are
indeed fortunate to live in a town where they are valued as much as
your involvement indicated, and as much as our voters affirmed!

We all have so much to be proud of...our campaign was one of
integrity, truth, passion for our kids, commitment to public
education, and a willingness to go the extra mile.  We had a true
community feeling to our efforts, and the campaign felt very much to
me like a family gathering.

Many is the time when I knew that another e-mail announcemnt or phone
call from me or the campaign office was going to be met with
groans...but I also counted on the fact that the groans would soon be
followed with some incredible energy to keep the ball rolling.  So
many of you created campaign opportunities with original and
innovative ideas from mini-rallies across the city to PTA fundraising
drives, and we were especially fortunate to have a REALLY strong
youth presence to our campaign as well, with over 50 students from
BHS involved, and countless elementary and middle school kids.

Again, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!  And may each of us take a
degree of satisfaction in knowing that we helped to shape a strong
future for our kids and our schools for the next 10 years!

Together in Service,

David W. Manson, Jr.
Campaign Coordinator
Berkeley Measure A