[BHS etree] CLUBS: BHS Mountain Bike Team, Coach Needed

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Sep 17 12:11:19 PDT 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact Matthew Fritzinger
[mailto:fritz at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

As many of you know, Berkeley High is the birthplace of high school
mountain biking.  Since the BHS club formed 8 years ago, there are
now over 20 teams that compete within the outgrowth of this club: the
NorCal High School Mountain Bike League.  As a former math teacher
here I am now the director of the League, and as this work grew I was
glad when Austin McInerny took over as head coach of the team.  Over
the past two years Austin helped recruit assistant coaches and
increase parent involvement
and grow the team to a whole new level (see www.bhscycling.org).

Unfortunately, Austin is unable to fulfill the role of head coach
this year and the team is looking for new leadership.  Please contact
Austin or myself if you are interested in getting involved with the
mountain bike team this year.  Expert mountain bike skills are not
required!  If you have an interest in cycling and fitness and would
enjoy working with students in this way - please let us know.  The
rewards that come with coaching students for up to four years have
been my richest at BHS.

Matt Fritzinger
[ mailto:fritz at norcalmtb.org ]fritz at norcalmtb.org 644-4950

Austin McInerny