[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Registration help needed and Front Desk

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Aug 17 10:37:53 PDT 2006

contact: Janet Huseby <mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. During registration students will pick up their schedule, return
forms, purchase the organizer (bring $2), have their picture ID
taken, get their lockers assignment,  AND also check out some of
their textbooks.  The administration want students to hit the ground
running on the first day of school, well supplied and ready to learn!
But it takes a lot of manpower to do all of the above for
3000 plus students.  The administration is hoping to have at least 15
parents per shift from 8:45 to 11:45 in the mornings and from 12:45
to 3:45 in the afternoons from Tuesday through -Friday, August 22-25.
(next Week)

What we have so far:
Tuesday morning 14 volunteers, Tuesday afternoon 14 volunteers
Wednesday morning / 8 volunteers, Wednesday afternoon 6 volunteers
Thursday morning 12 volunteers, Thursday afternoon 8 volunteers
Friday morning 8 volunteers, Friday afternoon 5 volunteers.

You can see we need more help.  If you can possible help (and it is a
lot of fun to see all these excited happy beautiful children) please
contact me at <mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>jhuseby at pacbell.net and let
me know when you can be there.  Parking passes are available.

2.  Once registration is out of the way, one of the best volunteers
jobs is taking a weekly 1.5 hour shift at the Front Desk welcoming
visitors.  Not only is the role important, working at the Front Desk
is probably the best way going to find out what's what  and who's who
at Berkeley High.  There are two people per shift and I will work
with you until you are comfortable giving directions!  If you are
interested I will send you the schedule as it now stands so you can
pick and choose among the slots.

Janet

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator