[BHS etree] ADMIN: Watch for summer package

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Jul 27 09:24:21 PDT 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact: Janet Huseby
<mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>

On Wednesday afternoon 3,095 summer packets were hauled over to the
post office in close to 80 bags and sent on their way.  Please watch
the mail for your child's packet  and hold on to both the contents
AND the envelope until registration August 22- 25.

In the packet you will find vital information, including a number of
forms which MUST be returned during registration.  On the envelope
you will see your child's photo ID picture assignment time. 10th-12th
grade students should report to the Jacket Gym at their scheduled
time. 9th graders, regardless of the time on their envelope, have
been assigned either a 9 a.m. or 1 p.m. orientation time on Tuesday,
August 22.  They should report to the Little Theater.

When you fill out your Emergency Card, highlight the changes from
last year so we can Quickly enter the pertinent data into the
computer system.  Even if there are no changes, fill the card out
completely.  These cards are used for emergencies and are very
important.

In the packet you will find the following items (not a complete
list):

A welcome letter from the Principal Slemp
Back to School directions
The PTSA Newsletter
Emergency Card
The Red and Gold Parent Handbook
Photo Information
Development Fund Letter
Fall Athletic Information
School Calendar (with etree info on flip side)
Bell Schedule (with map on flip side)
Homework Site Info
Directory Release Forms
Parent Resource Center Info
Jacket (student newspaper) subscription forms
Student Leadership
Free and Reduced Lunch forms
PTSA membership envelope*
Health Center Brochure*

*These last two items ran low as the mailing wrapped up. If you did
not receive them, ask your child to pick them up at registration.

Last year the mailing took three days.  This year, thanks to the
unbeatable efforts of the over 90 parents, grandparents, supporters,
and students who showed up--some for an hour, some for two days--to
collate, stuff, seal and count, we were out of there in a day and a
half.   Berkeley High is surrounded and supported by an awesome
community.  Below are the names of most those who came to the
mailing.  The list does not include those who did not sign in or
those who showed up Wednesday afternoon after we were finished or
those who called in Wednesday and Thursday to see if we needed more
help.  Incomplete though it is, I thank all of you. You were simply
wonderful

Janet

(Please forgive misspellings, the list was handwritten and I know I
made mistakes.)

Mary-Ellis Adams, Aimee Alejandre, Marjorie Alvord, Pat Anderson,
Julia Angell, Kim Beeson, Melissa Bloom, Lynn Bohannon, Shawna
Hartman Brotsky, Luda Budaena, Kate Capps, Margaret Carter, Liz
Davlin, Kathy Davis, Karen Davis, Liz Dunkle, Y Donnelly (hard to
read), Karen Ebadi, Vicky Elliott, Miriam Eisenhardt, Charlotte
Fredriksen, Polly Gaber, May Lynne Gill, Sonia Gill, Lisa Gold, Ruth
Gorrin, Pam Hava, S. Nori Hashimoto, Susan Helmrich, Karen Hemphill,
, Fred Huxley, Shirley Issel, Mary Jacobs, Alida Jekabson, Leelawan
Kaewsawang, Chendra Karwita, Jamie KellerHolly King, Laura Klein,
Ellen Kod, Candi Koler, Carol Lashof, Kong Lu, Desmid Lyon, Dibsy
Machta, Melinda Marchi, Polly Mayer, Mohsen Mahbubian, Mary McDonald,
Martha Moses, Debby Murphy, Tuyen Nguyen, Stephanie Pardee, Irma
Parker, Camille Peterson, Avi Rappoport, Hedy Reeves, Margarette
Robinson, Lori Rosenhel, Jean Rowland, Hildy Sackman, Jessica Seaton,
Susan Schaller, Jane Schoenfeld, Nancy Shapiro, Susan Sholin, Lynn
Signorelli, Sheri Siino Sandra Seidliz,, Rachel Silverman, Lauri
Slama, Marianne Smith, Wendy Snyder, David Sprell, Ania Thomson, Noah
Usher, Donna Wagner, Anna Weisberg, Janet Wood, Wilma Wyss, Nancy
Yep, and Susie Young.