[BHS etree] MISC: Jacket: Calling All Aspiring Columnists

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jul 19 08:33:42 PDT 2006

Contact:  Natalie Gaber  <nataliegaber at comcast.net>

The BHS Jacket [Berkeley High's awarding-winning student newspaper] is
still accepting columnist applications for the 2006-2007 school year!
The FINAL deadline to turn in an application is August 15.  If
interested, please fill out the application below and e-mail it to
<news at jacket.org>.

COLUMNIST APPLICATION
Name:
Phone #:
E-mail:
Grade:

Please answer the following questions:

1.  Why do you want to be a columnist for the Jacket?

2.  As a columnist, what would you offer to the Jacket and the greater
community?

3.  What ideas do you have for a theme for your column/what do you plan
to write about? (It’s OK if you’re not sure yet, but we’d like a
general idea of what your column will be about).

4.  Please submit two sample columns that you have written. They should
be between 300-500 words in length.

Please return this application to news at jacket.org by August 15.
If you have any questions, contact managing editor Natalie Gaber at
<nataliegaber at comcast.net>.
We will notify you at the end of the summer whether you have been
selected to write a column next year.

Thank you!