[BHS etree] CP ACADEMY Looking for Books

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun May 7 17:19:33 PDT 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact Flora Russ
<mailto:fruss at berkeley.k12.ca.us>

CP Academy's American Literature/US History integrated core is
looking for some books to use in our Literature Circles (similar to a
structured book
club) that may be in your home library:

We have the books we need for the groups that have chosen the
Anti-War Movement, Early Civil Rights, some on Black Power, Women's
Rights, and Gay Rights.

We need the following books and the number of copies of each:

* Seize the Time: The Story of the Black Panther Party and Huey P.
Newton by Bobby Seale (Need 5, I was able to find one at Black Oak
Books and one at Marcus Books)

* We Took the Streets: Fighting for Latino Rights with the Young
Lords by Miguel Melendez (Need 10)

* Heart of the Rock: The Indian Invasion of Alcatraz by Adam
Fortunate Eagle (Need 6)

I have been to Pegasus on Solano, Black Oak Book, Shakespeare, and
Moe's.  I am going this afternoon to Half-Price Books, Pendragon on
College and Pegasus on Shattuck.  I have not checked the Berkeley
Library system yet. I have checked Amazon.com but all are being sold
one-at-a-time from individuals.  So I thought, why not ask the BHS
community to check their shelves.

I would be willing to buy them for the lowest price on Amazon or just
borrow them for several weeks.

e-mail me at:  fruss at berkeley.k12.ca.us if you are able to help out.
We really appreciate any help we can get.  Thanks in advance.

Flora Russ
Co-Director, Community Partnerships Academy A small school at BHS