[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Help needed for AP exams-- May 1 - May 12

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Apr 23 13:58:42 PDT 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact: jhuseby at pacbell.nt

1. The Advanced Placement tests will begin Monday, May 1.  Berkeley
High is committed to offering as many AP courses (and tests) as
possible. However, it can only do so with community support.  For
every 50 students taking an exam, one proctor is needed.  In
addition, a number of students have been granted extended time.
Proctors are needed to sit with these students as they complete their
tests.  If you have a child taking an AP exam, please do your best to
proctor another exam.  And, if you have a child with extended time,
please consider proctoring another child's extended time.  I have
arranged parking passes for volunteers who need them.

2. Below is a truncated AP SCHEDULE. If an exam is not listed below
it is because the number of students taking the exam is less than 50
and the paid administrator will be proctoring the exam.  For a
complete schedule, please go to the College Board's website:
http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/cal.html

3. The test begins at 8 a.m. for morning sessions and noon for
afternoon sessions. We are asking volunteers to report at 7:20 a.m.
for the morning and 11:30 for the afternoon sessions.  I will let you
know WHERE the exam will take place next week. Students with extended
time are allowed 50% more time, so a three hour test can last 4 and a
half hours for them. I have marked exams with a student doing
extended time as ET.

Please let Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net know which AP exams you
can proctor and if you need a parking pass for that day.  Janet

Volunteers' AP Exam Calendar

Monday, May 1
7:20 a.m.  English Language          3 proctors plus 1 ET proctor
11:30 a.m. French Language           1 proctor

Tuesday, May 2
7:20 a.m.  Spanish Language          2 proctors
11:30 a.m. Statistics                1-2 proctors plus 1 ET proctor

Wednesday, May 3
7:20 a.m.  Calculus AB               3 proctors

Thursday, May 4
7:20 a.m.  English Literature        2 proctors

Friday, May 5
7:20  a.m.  U.S. History             3 proctors plus 1 ET proctor
11:30 a.m.  Studio Art               1 ET proctor

Monday, May 8
7:20  a.m.  Biology*                 2-3 proctors plus 1 ET proctor
11:30 a.m.  Physics                  1 proctor

Tuesday, May 9
7:20 a.m.  US Government & Politics  3 proctors

Wednesday, May 10
7:20 a.m.  Chemistry                 2 proctors
7:20 a.m.  Environmental Science     1-2 proctors plus 1ET

Thursday, May 11
7:20  a.m. Economics                 3 proctors plus one  ET

Friday, May 12
11:30 a.m.  Latin                    1 proctor