[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: STAR Testing and Scheduling letters

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Apr 6 18:03:51 PDT 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact: jhuseby at pacbell.net
mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net

There are two big projects taking place at Berkeley High the week after
spring break. If you could help at one or the other if even for a short
time--you would be appreciated. The etree will be on vacation next week, so
please mark your calendar.

1. MONDAY April 17: The administration is mailing home each 9th-11th grade
student's transcript, a copy of the courses they have selected for next
year, and a letter of explanation in English or Spanish. The transcripts
have been stuffed in envelopes but now we are starting to receive the course
selections in small groups by class. We are folding and matching the forms
to the proper envelope.  It is a time consuming task but we do to want to
spend too much time on it as we wish to rush the papers home to parents so
they may have input into their child's course selection for next year.  If
you have any time to help on Monday, April 17 please come by the front desk
any time from 8:15 to 3:30.   Even a 20 minute stop by  will be helpful.

2. TUESDAY-FRIDAY April 18-12:   Under the direction of Carol Olson the
sorting and labeling of the STAR test has begun in
the West Gallery of the Community Theater.  She will be in the gallery from
8 am to 3 pm Tuesday-Friday April 18, 19, 20, and 21 If you can help, please
come! It is not a difficult job but a very necessary one and, as with all
such tasks, it is a good opportunity to meet and talk with other
parents/grandparents/and guardians of Berkeley High students.

3. Tomorrow Friday, April 7.  The sorting has actually started this week, so
if you are free on Friday, Carol would be very happy for help. Once again,
in the West Gallery of the Community Theater.