[BHS etree] TUTORING: Volunteers Needed Next Week

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Mar 22 21:17:53 PST 2006

Contact: Matt Ellsworth [mailto:matt at mionline.org]

For BHS students who need to complete tutoring hours as part of
honors/AP courses:

The Mentoring for Academic Success (MAS) program works with around 65
4th and 5th graders at Thousand Oaks and LeConte Elementary Schools,
Mon-Thu, 3:45-5:00, as part of the schools' after-school programs.
These students are encountering daily homework for the first time,
and they're eager for help.

Next week, many of our regular tutors who are university students
will be on their spring break. So--we have a great need for
substitute tutors at both sites. If you can help out one or more
days... please do!

Interested? Questions? Contact:

Matt Ellsworth
-----
Director, Mentoring for Academic Success
  Multicultural Institute
  1712 Euclid Avenue
  Berkeley, CA 94709
Office: 510.848.4075 x13