[BHS etree] ADMIN: BHS Poetry Slam

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Feb 13 16:03:32 PST 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact Rick Ayers,
mailto:rayers at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Attention all Berkeley High Poetry Lovers:

Don't forget this month's BHS Poetry Slam!

It will be Wednesday, February 22, at 7 PM in THE LIBRARY.  That's
right, a new location, a new site we need to initiate.  Again, it is
$1 to get in.  Poets who want to perform can start to sign up at 6:30
PM.  Judges are taken from the audience.  We go through one round of
20 poets, then the top 3 to 5 contestants go to a second round.

Also, be sure to attend the Youth Speaks writing workshop, every
Monday at Berkeley High, open to all students.  That is in room
C-324, Mondays - 4 PM to 6 PM.

For more information, email Rick Ayers, rayers at berkeley.k12.ca.us