[BHS etree] REMINDER: WriterCoach Connection Final Trainings for Spring Start Wednesday

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Feb 7 05:16:10 PST 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact Lynn Mueller,
mailto:writercoachconnect at yahoo.com, 510-524-2319

Become a Mentor for Student Writers!

"This is the most satisfying work I've done in the Berkeley Schools,"
says one volunteer about WriterCoach Connection.  Don't miss a chance
to become a writing coach this spring.  Register for one of our two
February trainings and join a wonderful team of volunteer writing
coaches who work one-on-one with students in BHS English classes or
at the lunchtime Writers Cafe.

Coaches commit to a regular, 1 to 2-hour timeslot each week.  WCC
seeks diverse members of the community to work with BHS student
writers. You don't have to be a writer or teacher to help kids gain
confidence, improve skills and complete assignments. To become a
coach, register for one of our final two trainings for the school
year:

Session B:    Wednesdays    2/8 & 2/15     6:30-9:30 PM
Session C:    Tuesdays      2/21 & 2/28    6:30-9:30 PM

For info or to register: www.writercoachconnection.org (go to
"Volunteer")

Lynn Mueller, writercoachconnect at yahoo.com, 510-524-2319