[BHS etree] CHANGE In Balack History Month Program Feb. 3

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Feb 2 23:14:41 PST 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact Irma Parker,
iparker at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Change in Black History Month Program.

The Feb. 3 program at 6:30 pm at the Little Theatre has changed.
Team I-Themba, the South African dance and drama troupe, will not be
able to appear because their Visas to enter the country were denied.

However, in the spirit of Black History Month we will still have a
wonderful performance. African boot dancers and drummers will
perform, along with Mankho Banda-- an interactive performer from
Malawi, Africa - - and the fantastic Vakani Mawethu Choir, which has
been singing African freedom songs since the apartheid era and is
singing for a cure now.  The performance will celebrate the lives of
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King.

Tickets go on sale at 5 pm at the Little Theatre.  Don't miss this
performance!  Sponsored by CAS and the Parent Resource Center.