[BHS etree] SUPT: Unauthorized Fundraising Alert

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Jan 24 12:12:21 PST 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact Mark Coplan, BUSD's Public
Information Officer at <mailto:Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us>

Over the years Marcus G. Robinson has been conducting fundraising
efforts that are identified for a tutoring program that is described
as Berkeley High School based. I have even been approached by Mr.
Robinson inside of the administrative wing at Berkeley High, which
gave a certain credence to the partnership he has described. The high
school administration is very clear that there is no such
relationship, and they do not endorse any fundraising that he is
involved in.  To the best of our knowledge, there is no genuine
program that he is connected to.

Mr. Robinson's most recent door-to-door campaign appears to include a
letter dated 2004 that includes the name of Superintendent Michele
Lawrence. The Superintendent has asked me to alert the community that
she in no way endorses any of his efforts, and is requesting that the
police investigate.

Mark Coplan, BUSD Public Information Officer

Mark A. Coplan
Public Information Officer, BUSD
510-644-6320
Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us