[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Help needed short and long term

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Jan 23 22:22:12 PST 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact: Janet Huseby
<mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>

1.  On Tuesday and Wednesday, February 7 and 8, Berkeley High will be
offering  the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) to our 10th
graders.  This is a high stakes test and we want our students to have
a calm and orderly test taking venue. In order to do so, we are
asking the community's help, your help,  with checking in students,
monitoring the test, collecting the booklets and then redistributing
them the following day.

We need volunteers starting at 7:10 am and going until 3 pm--on both
days.  We are hoping volunteers will either sign up for a morning or
afternoon shift.  I will have approximately 10 parking passes which I
will distribute on a first come first served basis though we are
hoping for more than 10 per shift per day.  If you can help, please
let me know what day and what time at jhuseby at pacbell.net

The exit exam is offered once to sophomores, twice to juniors and
three times to seniors.  Starting with this year's seniors, all
students MUST pass the exam in order to receive a California high
school diploma.  If a sophomore passes the test, they do not have to
take it again.  The exam will start at 7:30 in the old gym on Milvia
Street.  Students should check the signs on the door to see where
their room assignment is.

2. The  wonderful Front Desk has a few new openings.  This is an
excellent opportunity not only to help the school by extending a
friendly welcome but to find out who's who at Berkeley High. Don't
worry if you are new to the school, I will pass on all I know! The
shifts are on a regular weekly basis and the following spots have
openings.
Wednesday:

8:30 am - 10 am / Two people needed

Friday: