[BHS etree] WRITER-COACH CONNECTION: Spring Trainings

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Jan 20 11:25:05 PST 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact Lynn Mueller,
mailto:writercoachconnect at yahoo.com or 524-2319

Parents-Be a Writing Coach in 2006!

Want to make a difference but too busy to become a writing coach last
fall?  Attend one of our February trainings and become a mentor for
Berkeley High students this spring.  For a commitment of 1 or 2 hours
per week, you can help students master skills that will last a
lifetime.  WriterCoach Connection pairs trained volunteers with BHS
students to help them develop their ideas, improve their writing,
complete assignments, and succeed.

Coaches commit to a regular, weekly assignment and meet during the
school day to work one-on-one with students in their English/history
classes.  You don't need to be a writer or a teacher.  Register for
training today and join 100 dedicated volunteer writing coaches at
BHS:

Session B:  Wednesdays     2/8 & 2/15       6:30-9:30 PM
Session C:  Tuesdays       2/21 & 2/28      6:30-9:30 PM

"This is the most satisfying work I've done in the Berkeley Schools,"
says one volunteer about WriterCoach Connection (WCC).

For more info or to register:  www.writercoachconnection.org (go to
"Volunteer"). Or contact:  writercoachconnect at yahoo.com, Lynn
Mueller, 510-524-2319