[BHS etree] WRITER-COACH CONNECTION: Training in January

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Dec 8 04:48:11 PST 2005

Please do not hit reply, contact Lynn Mueller,
<mailto:writercoachconnect at yahoo.com>, 510-524-2319

Parents--Be a Writing Coach at Berkeley High!

The New Year is right around the corner.  Make a resolution to help
make a difference for students at BHS--become a writing coach in
2006. WriterCoach Connection pairs trained volunteers with students
to help them master the writing and critical thinking skills they
need to complete assignments and succeed.

Coaches commit to a regular, 1 to 2-hour/week assignment and meet
each week during the school day to work one-on-one with students in
their English classes. Or, you can help coach kids at our popular
lunchtime Writers' Café.

You don’t need to be a teacher or a writer. Register today to learn
the step-by-step methods to coach students--including your own--at
one of our Spring 2006 training sessions:

Session A:   Thursdays       1/12 & 1/19       6:30-9:30 PM
Session B:   Wednesdays       2/8 & 2/15       6:30-9:30 PM
Session C:   Tuesdays        2/21 & 2/28       6:30-9:30 PM

For more info or to register: www.writercoachconnection.org (go to
"Volunteer")

Lynn Mueller, writercoachconnect at yahoo.com, 510-524-2319