[BHS etree] ETREE: Katrina Volunteer effort update

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Oct 28 10:58:23 PDT 2005

Contact: Kristin Glenchur [mailto:kglenchur at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

It has come to our attention that the community service project for
Katrina Victims advertised by the Berkeley High Athletic Department
was not in fact endorsed by Rebuilding Together.  We have contacted
Rebuilding Together (510-644-8979) and they have offered another
volunteer opportunity this and next weekend.  The new project is for
the West Berkeley Senior Center (1900 6th St/University) on Saturday
from 9:00 am-3:30 pm.  Volunteers must provide signed parent consent
and waiver forms to House Captain Pete Henderson.  The project
involves exterior painting and any BHS volunteers are welcome to
help.  Forms may be downloaded at www.rebuildingtogetherabe.org.

Kristin Glenchur
Athletic Director, Berkeley High School
kglenchur at berkeley.k12.ca.us