[BHS etree] WRITER COACH CONNECTION: Final Training for WriterCoaches!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Oct 26 20:52:12 PDT 2005

Contact: Lynn Mueller, writercoachconnect at yahoo.com, 524-2319

Last Chance to Join WriterCoach Connection This Fall!
"This is the most satisfying work I've done in the Berkeley Schools,"
says one volunteer about WriterCoach Connection (WCC). Become one of
the 95 WCC coaches who volunteer at BHS each week, working one-on-one
with student writers on their class writing assignments. Don't put
off your good intentions:  the last training session this fall starts
next Tuesday.

Register today.

You don't have to be a writer or teacher to help students gain
confidence, improve skills and complete assignments.  With training
and support from WriterCoach Connection you can enjoy the
satisfaction of being an academic mentor and become an active part of
the Berkeley High community. You will also acquire coaching
strategies you can use with your own child.

WCC coaches English/history classes on Wednesdays and Thursdays and
provides coaches for drop-in use by students at the lunchtime
Writers' Cafe (in A-101).

Coaches commit to a regular, 1 to 2-hour period each week.  To become
a coach, register now for our final fall training:

Session 8:	Tuesdays	11/1 & 11/8     6:30-9:30 PM

For info or to register: www.writercoachconnection.org (go to
"Volunteer")

Lynn Mueller, writercoachconnect at yahoo.com, 510-524-2319

-----
PLEASE DO NOT HIT 'REPLY' to respond to this message.
Direct your email to the contact person for this message.
-----