[BHS etree] WRITER-COACH CONNECTION: New Training Session, Volunteers Sought

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Oct 13 14:28:44 PDT 2005

Contact: Lynn Mueller, writercoachconnect at yahoo.com, 510-524-2319

Become a Mentor for Student Writers at Berkeley High!

"This is the most satisfying work I've done in the Berkeley Schools,"
says one volunteer about WriterCoach Connection.  It's not too late
for you to be a writing coach this fall!  Register today for the
training that starts Monday, and join a wonderful team of volunteer
writing coaches who work one-on-one with students in BHS
English/history classes or at the lunchtime Writers Cafe.  The
WriterCoach Connection program starts next week and we still need
coaches.

WCC seeks diverse members of the community to work with BHS student
writers.  You don't have to be a writer or teacher to help kids gain
confidence, improve skills and complete assignments.  With training
and support from WriterCoach Connection you can enjoy the
satisfaction of being an academic mentor, bring coaching strategies
to your own child, and become a part of the Berkeley High community.

Coaches commit to a regular, 1 to 2-hour period each week.  To become
a coach, register now for one of our final two trainings for the
fall:

Session 7:	Mondays	10/17 & 10/24   6:30-9:30 PM
Session 8:	Tuesdays	11/1 & 11/8     6:30-9:30 PM

For info or to register: www.writercoachconnection.org (go to
"Volunteer")