[BHS etree] ETREE: 2005 tips on how to use

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Sep 26 20:27:09 PDT 2005

ETREE: 2005 tips on how to use

On Monday, September 26, the etree had 2,117 subscribers and
climbing.  Please read, use, and pass on these tips about the
etree...

1. RESPONDING:
If you wish to respond to an etree posting, PLEASE DO NOT HIT REPLY
but direct your message to the CONTACT PERSON who is usually listed
at the top of the postings. If there is no contact person listed, hit
reply and we at the etree will do our best to answer your questions.

2. ARCHIVES:
All etree postings are archived.  To find an old post, go to the
etree archives at http://mailman.idiom.com/public/bhs/ This address
can be found at the footer of each etree posting.  Also included in
the footer is the BHS PTSA website: http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/
The etree archives may be accessed through the PTSA website.

3. POSTING:
If you wish to post an item on the etree, please send it to
bhs at idiom.com.  Due to the high volumne of postings, the etree does
its best to keep all items as bhs specific as possible.  We also also
work at not running items more than once a week. If you have
information you believe would be of interest to the parent/student
community at BHS, but is not specifically a bhs item, we will
probably suggest you submit your information to Parents of Teens
which can be found at
          Website: http://parents.berkeley.edu
          Post a message: http://parents.berkeley.edu/post_teens.html

4. SUBSCRIBING:
It is easy to subscribe to the etree.  Directions are included at the
bottom of each postings.  However, every now and then a subscription
does not "take." If this happens to someone you know, have them
telephone Janet Huseby at her home phone (510) 527-1130 and she will
enroll them manually.

5. NO COMPUTER?
The Hard Copy version of the etree is up and running thanks to
parents Tammy Hill and Christina Tarr.  The hard copy is located in
two sets of binders in the Parent Access Office (2nd floor of the
Admin Building.)  Please let parents know if you think they do not
have regular access to a computer.

6. DIGEST:
On a normal school day the etree sends up to five or six postings.  A
digest version of the etree collects all etree postings on a daily
basis and sends them out in batches, usually once a day. If you did
not check the digest option when you subscribed to the etree, but
wish to change to it now, it is a simple process.  Below are the
instructions for opting for the digest version, or just let us know
and we'll help you switch over.

Directions for opting for the Digest form:

a.  Go to: http://idiom.com/mailman/options/bhs
b.  Enter your email address and idiom password.  (you can use the
"Password reminder" button farther down the screen.)
c.  Scroll down the resulting page (called "bhs mailing list
membership configuration for [your name]", until you get to the dark
gray table/checkboxes.
d.  At "Set Digest Mode" click the "on" button.
e.  Scroll to the very end of the page and click the "Submit My
Changes" button.
f.  You are done!

7. WHO ARE WE?
Finally, we would like to introduce ourselves. The BHS etree is a
parent-run operation. Kathryn Capps is on her fourth year as an etree
moderator.  This year she has a senior in Academic Choice and a
freshmen in CAS.  Diane Douglas was the King etree moderator for the
past two years; her child is a freshman in Academic Choice.  Melissa
Bloom, also new to the school, has a freshman in AHA.