[BHS etree] ACADEMIC CHOICE: New AC Mailing List/eTree

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Sep 21 19:56:00 PDT 2005

Contact: Jessica Seaton, jessica at seatonwilson.com

Last spring the Academic Choice Advisory Council decided it would be
advisable to establish an  official AC mailing list that would
operate as a bulletin board (similar to the bhs etree) for Academic
Choice  announcements. Unlike our current etree,
<BHSAcademicChoice at yahoogroups.com>, this new etree will not
function as a discussion group. Although we believe that it is
essential for parents to have a vehicle to  freely discuss issues
relating to Academic Choice at Berkeley High, mixing personal
discussion with official  statements from the program meant that some
readers confused the opinions expressed in individual posts  with
Academic Choice policy.   The new Academic Choice etree is now ready.
This new AC etree is one-way, subscribers receive only.  If you would
like to receive AC related bulletins you can subscribe to our new
mailing list by sending an  email to
<academicchoice-request at lists.berkeleypta.org> with one word only in
the subject line: subscribe. Questions? contact Jessica Seaton at
<jessica at seatonwilson.com>

The existing yahoo group will remain in place as a two-way forum for
parent discussion of Academic Choice issues, moderated by Derick
Miller. If you would like to participate in AC related parent
discussions you can  subscribe to yahoogroups by sending an email to
<BHSAcademicChoice-subscribe at yahoogroups.com>  with one word only in
the subject line: subscribe. Questions? contact Derick Miller at
<ddm at well.com>

If you are currently subscribed in the yahoogroups etree, you will
continue to receive their messages.  Unfortunately, if you would like
to receive official AC bulletins as well as AC discussion group
messages you  will have to subscribe to the new etree in the manner
described above (we cannot switch memberships  for you).

Jessie Seaton
Academic Choice Parent Coordinator