[BHS etree] WRITER-COACH CONNECTION: Volunteers Needed, New Training Sessions

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Sep 19 13:06:39 PDT 2005

DO NOT HIT 'REPLY' to respond to this message.
Please direct your email to the contact person for this message:
Martha Rossman, [mailto:martha.rossman at comcast.net]

Please take a moment to answer the following yes or no:

(a) Do you love literature and like to share your enthusiasm for
books?
(b) You value organized thinking as evidenced by effective written
communication.
(c) You are drawn to young people and are interested in their
experiences.
(d) All of the above.

If you answered yes to any of these questions (and especially if you
chose d. above) you may be a WriterCoach.

The WriterCoach program is entering its sixth year at Berkeley High
School.  We train and supervise community volunteers who work
one-on-one with Berkeley High students during their English classes.
Our aim is to improve the thinking and writing skills our students
need to succeed in high school and beyond.

We have many coach training dates to choose from as we enter this
academic year.  After training you can participate for a two hour
session once a week.  Share your values and yourself.  For training
dates and information contact volunteer co-coordinator Lynn Mueller
at 524-2319 or email us at writercoachconnect at yahoo.com. Check it
out.