[BHS etree] ETREE: WRITER-COACH CONNECTION: Become A Writing Coach for teens!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Aug 29 16:59:59 PDT 2005

Contact:  Lynn Mueller:  writercoachconnect at yahoo.com   510-524-2319

WriterCoach Connection (WCC) is gearing up for fall to mentor 9th
grade students at Berkley High School.  Join a writing coach team and
enjoy the satisfaction of making a difference for our kids.

Now in its fifth year, WriterCoach Connection (WCC) pairs trained
volunteers with students to help them master writing and critical
thinking skills.  The crucial one-on-one feedback and encouragement
from coaches helps students gain confidence, improve skills, complete
assignments, and succeed.  Coaches commit to a regular, 1 or 2-hour
per week assignment and meet weekly, during the school day, to work
with students in their English/history classes.

  WriterCoach Connection trains you to be a coach; you don't have to
be a writer or educator. Learn step-by-step methods to coach students
(including your own) at one of our fall training sessions:

Session 1:            Wednesdays    9/7 & 9/14     6:30-9:30 PM

Session 2:            Tuesdays         9/13 & 9/20     12:00-3:00 PM

Session 3:            Thursdays       9/22 & 9/29     6:30-9:30 PM

Session 4:            Wednesdays    9/28 & 10/5     6:30-9:30 PM

For further information and to register for a training session,
please go to our website: www.writercoachconnection.org or email:
writercoachconnect at yahoo.com. 510-524-2319.