[BHS etree] ADMIN: Volunteers needed for registration and first weeks of school

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Aug 16 14:49:07 PDT 2005

contact: jhuseby at pacbell.net
1. Next week is orientation.  Picture IDs will be taken and schedules
distributed. We need, and would be very happy if we had, eight volunteers
for each shift to help distribute the schedules and collect forms. This is a
wonderful job, not only are you helping the school you have a rare
opportunity to see all the students in your child's class--fresh from summer
vacation and excited to be back. The energy is high!

The shifts are Monday, August 22 through Thursday, August 25 MORNINGS 8:15
to 11:30 and AFTERNOONS 12:45 to 3:30.

2. We will then need two volunteers EACH for morning and afternoon on
Friday, August 26, Monday, August 29, and Tuesday, August 30 to help with
the makeup distribution.

3. On the first day of school we need five volunteers before lunch and two
after lunch.

4. For the next three days we will need two or three voluneers throughout
the day.

5. For the first nine days we will need four or five volunteers to collect
attendance records from  classes for the first nine days of schools. This
job is very important.  At the beginning of the year, some classes are over
enrolled and others are under enrolled due to "no shows." But classes can
not be shifted or increased  until it is confirmed that the no shows really
have not shown.  To do so, attendance must be carefully collected and
recorded.

4. Then just as ever thing is settling down on September 13 and 14 we will
need four volunteers from 7:30 to 9 a.m. and three from 11:30 to 1:30 p.m.
This last set of volunteers will be helping check students in and out who
are taking the makeup  California High School Exit exam.

If you can help on any of these times, please let me (Janet Huseby
jhuseby at pacbell.net) know. Not only will you be greatly appreciated, the
beginning of school is an exciting time to be on campus.
Janet

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net