[BHS etree] MISC: Running for Meleia - August 27

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sat Aug 6 11:14:25 PDT 2005

contact:  Joan Edelstein [mailto:joanmed at earthlink.net]
----------
"Everyone in the community and especially CAS and Berkeley High Families are
looking for ways to address gun violence and do something significant to
deal with the tragedy of Meleia's death." (CAS cofounder and lead teacher
Rick Ayers). To that end, please consider joining CAS and participating in
the 2005 Run For Life at CAL event to raise money for Meleia's Social
Justice scholarship fund.

WHEN: Saturday August 27; 8-10am.

WHERE: In and around the UC Berkeley campus (3K, 5K, or 10K - walk or run)
starting at Sather Gate; there will be several events after the run (see
http://www.runforlife.net/)
HOW: email or call Joan Edelstein joanmed at earthlink.net; (510) 834-3672. You
will be emailed, faxed, or mailed (your choice) a donation form with
directions to complete it. All donations must be collected before the run
and brought that morning to check-in; this way there will be NO registration
fee.

NOTE: For each person who participates, 75% of all donations collected over
the first $50 will go directly to the Meleia Willis-Starbuck Social Justice
Fund.

Time is short but we can all make it happen if we work together in Meleia's
name!!