[BHS etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: Advisor's Bulletin for 06-16-05

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Jun 16 11:46:09 PDT 2005

College Advisor's Bulletin
Thursday, June 16, 2005

SAT WORD OF THE DAY:   COMPELLING – strongly convincing.  The purpose
of a political campaign is to present compelling reasons to vote for a
candidate rather than for her opponent.

For a wonderful article by Steve Jobs on why it’s important to do what
you love and so advice on how to get there, go to
< http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505 >.
Adults, share it with your students, and students, share it with the
significant adults in your lives.

The College/Career Center will be open on Friday, June 17th, but closed
after that for the summer.

I will be checking my e-mail during the summer.  If problems or
concerns arise, please feel free to contact me at <
iabrams at berkeley.k12.ca.us >.  I will not be checking my e-mail when I
am out of town.

Ms. Harris and I wish you all a safe, relaxing and fun vacation.
Congratulations to all of our graduates.  We look forward to seeing
everyone else in the fall.