[BHS etree] CAS: Great Garage Sale Sunday, June 5

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Jun 2 16:51:45 PDT 2005

contact: CAS English Teacher Oliver Aguirre,   (510) 486-1429, oaguirre at berkeley.k12.ca.us

CAS Mexico Exchange Garage Sale!  Sunday, June 5th!  2704 Derby at College, 10:00 am to 3 pm.  Please come and buy.  And please call now if you can donate items for sale.  We can pick them up, especially if you have large items.

Berkeley High School's Communication Arts and Sciences (CAS) Small School is sponsoring a unique language study, home-stay, and service learning summer program in Morelia, Mexico for fifteen outstanding high school “student ambassadors” from Berkeley High. The CAS Mexico Exchange presents an opportunity for us to share the media literacy and social justice work we are doing in CAS on an international scale. What we learn in Morelia will also improve our work together here in our small school learning community at Berkeley High School. This exchange program, now in its fourth year, has the potential for long-lasting impact both in Morelia and in our community.

Please help send these students to Mexico by contributing household goods for the Mex-Ex benefit garage sale. Take a minute to give us a call and donate the following:

· House wares
· Kitchen wares
· Children's/Babies' toys, clothes, & books
· Furniture
· Jewelry
· Workman tools/Power tools
· Please, no adult clothing

All donations must be in good, sellable condition.

Janet Huseby and Kathryn Capps are the facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions or concerns to them at <bhs-owner at idiom.com> To subscribe to the etree, write bhs-request at idiom.com with one word only in the subject line: subscribe. To unsubscribe, write bhs-request at idiom.com with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.