[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 05-17-05

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue May 17 07:45:26 PDT 2005

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Administration

1.	THANK YOU STUDENTS and STAFF for making “A CHORUS LINE” our best
attended musical ever.  Saturday's show sold out!  Congratulations to
the
cast and especially the director, Senior Simon Trumble.  We wish Simon
good luck- next year at the Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.

2.	Students:  Please note that the Health Center will be closed this
Friday and next Friday so  come in during week for your Health Center
needs.  Also, our school nurse, Amy Balding, has moved on.  The Health
Center will not have a First Aid nurse until further notice.

3.	Summer School applications are in the Counseling reception area -
D141. Please sign up early to reserve a space.  Deadline is May 20th.

4.	Thank you students and staff for making such good use of the
Berkeley High School Library.  However, we need materials returned so
that they are available for everyone.  Please bring back all 820
overdue books. Seniors, you must return your books in order to pick up
your prom and graduation tickets.  No books may be checked out after
May 25.

5.	BART tickets are here!  Please pick up your tickets.  Next Bart
ticket orders will be taken May 31.  This is the last BART order for
the year.

Clubs
1.	Come to a meeting in C102 on Wednesday at lunch to discuss
fundraising for the Italian trip.  Bring your lunch and some good
ideas.

2.	Attention Culture and Exchange Club members: Please come by C107 and
get your permission slip for the ropes course.  You need to have two
permission slips!  See Mr. Berkman in room C107 or C134.

3.	All Asian and Pacific Islander Committee members:  It’s time to have
our weekly meetings again.  Due to AP testing and Golden State exam we
had to delay.  Come to this Thursday’s meeting to meet your new team
leaders and Co-Chair.  Food will be provided.

4.	Free hypnosis to help smokers quit!  If you are interested in
quitting smoking once and for all, stop by the booth in the park during
lunch on Friday, May 20th to get hypnotized and / or pick up a quit
kit.  Hypnosis can help break the addiction of smoking!
Parent/guardian permission is required to be hypnotized; permission
slips are posted on the door of G202. Bring signed permission forms to
the park on Friday.  Contact Tricia Brazil @ 644-8987 for more
information.

Sports
1.	The Boys Lacrosse team plays DeLaSalle today at 6:00 pm on the BHS
turf in first round of the NCS playoffs.  This should be an exciting
rematch as the boys defeated DeLaSalle 8-7 in the final second of the
DVLL playoff last Thursday.  Ticket prices are $8 adults/ $5 students.
Come out and root for your Jackets!

2.	Congratulations to the Badminton team on a well-played league season.

Senior / Junior Section
1.	Refunds for the Senior Trip can be picked up from the Community
Theatre Box Office at lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Please have your
receipt and ID.  The Senior Trip is cancelled.

2.	Sophomores and Juniors:  Practice SAT test at Berkeley High School
on Saturday, May 21, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm.  Cost $15.  Fee waivers
available.  Sign up in the College Career Center no later than May
18th.

3.	Seniors:   All guest contracts, name changes and ticket sales must
happen by Wednesday at 4:00 pm.  Tickets are $80.00 cash only.  No
tickets to Sr. Ball will be sold after Wednesday.

4.	Come out at lunch today inthe courtyard and meet and greet your
Senior Ball Royalty Candidates.

Events/ Performance
1.	The BHS Film Festival is moved to Tuesday, June 7.  6th Annual
Berkeley High School Film Festival will take place at the Little
Theater.
6:00 - 7:00  pm. Refreshments/ ticket and raffle sales.
7:00 pm Show and Raffle.
The festival will feature documentary, fiction, and experimental works
from students at BHS and throughout the Berkeley Unified School
District.

Sales
1. Yearbooks are $70 now!  Get them in H102 at lunch on Tuesday and
Thursdays or during Zero period on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

2.  BHS Tsunami Relief group is having another bake sale at lunch, May
26th.