[BHS etree] PTA: Community Discussion on Diversity May 25

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon May 9 15:19:36 PDT 2005

CONTACT: Sally Douglas Arce, arce_sd at yahoo.com

Albany High School PTA and Embracing Diversity Films
invites you to participate in a community discussion
on diversity Wednesday May 25 at 7 PM in the Albany
High School Library.

This discussion is a natural extension of the
Embracing Diversity Film series that has run over the
past two years at Albany High School. How can our
community as a whole be more inclusive? We want to
begin to plan actions we can take to demonstrate that
we believe all people should be valued and respected
in our community.

Please bring your ideas to this discussion. Do we make
a community proclamation? (Hayward has one, with No
Hate in our Community signs displayed downtown.)
Should we have an annual diversity day festival? Could
we set up an ongoing community forum on diversity, or have a
community campaign to display placards in our windows
showing solidarity?

Please join this timely discussion on Wednesday May 25
at 7 PM in the Albany High School Library, 603 Key
Route Blvd. in Albany.  This site is wheelchair
accessible. Enter the north side of Albany High School
through the gymnasium doors on Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Turn right and pass through another set of
doors, walk down the hallway and straight through
library doors. Admission is free and open to all.

For more information on Embracing Diversity Films,
contact Sally Douglas Arce, arce_sd at yahoo.com,
510-527-1328 or Maxine Tatmon-Gilkerson,
iricbridges at aol.com, 510-243-0797.