[BHS etree] SPORTS: Potential budget cuts to BHS athletics and BAF meeting, 4/9/05

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Apr 8 16:38:01 PDT 2005

contact:  Mary Kay Murlas, murlas at sbcglobal.net, 510-866-9050

Potential budget cuts to the BHS athletic program made the list
of programs to consider to balance the BUSD budget next year.
You can see the memo from BUSD in the 4/6/05 board packet,
starting at page 112:
http://www.berkeley.k12.ca.us/SB/docs/bd_of_ed_apr_6_packet.pdf

This is not a new issue for BHS or the Berkeley Athletic Fund (BAF).
BAF was started in 1985 to address budget cuts then.  We have
been actively raising funds ever since.  We may need to raise more
next year.

We have several dedicated BAF volunteers that will be retiring this
year, way beyond their last child's graduation from BHS. If you are
interested in ramping up your volunteer efforts beyond
helping with a specific team, we would welcome your help.  If
you cannot come to the meeting, send an email or call me and
we'll start from there.

Meeting:  Monday, April 9th, 7:15 p.m.
              Athletic Directors Office
              just west of Donahue Gym

Agenda:

1. Introductions
2. Athletic Director Report
    Update on the spring sports and potential budget cuts next year.
3. Treasurer Report
4. Luncheon Summary
5. Parking Lot Update
6. Upcoming activities
    a. Hannibal Navies Camp in the Bay, May 14, 2005
    b. Tennis Tournament - July 30, 2005
    c. Potential summer camps at BHS
7. Planning for next year

Mary Kay Murlas