[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 04-05-05

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Apr 4 21:35:33 PDT 2005

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
April 5, 2005

Administration

1.	The prestigious environmental Goldman Awards ceremony will be
Monday, April 18.  Interested students should see Hildebrandt in C131,
or send me
an email <senorjoel at comcast.net>.  Please let me know before spring
break if you want to attend.

2.	Senior Class meeting today at 11:00 am.  Teachers, please excuse
your students at 11:00 am to the Community Theater.

3.	Work Experience class today at lunch in C317.  Bring your career
packets.

4.	Please note: the minimum day in April has been changed from
Wednesday, April 6th to Wednesday, April 13th.  Students start school
at 10:00 am on Wednesday, April 13th.  Please mark your calendars.

5.	We have 5 openings for the Costa Rican Sea Turtle and Rain Forest
field trip this coming July.  These openings will go on a first come
basis.
There will be an informational meeting this Wednesday at 3:30 pm
inG307.  This meeting is for those who have already signed up and for
those
who are interested in signing up.  If you think you would like to go,
see Mr. Crosby G307 for an application and information.

6.	Anyone wanting to take the qualification test for Honors Algebra 2
on April 11 or April 12, or Honors Math Analysis on April 14 needs to
send an
email to Ms. Bodenhausen at <jbodenhausen at berkeley.k12.ca.us> sometime
this week.

7.	JOBS- Part time job available at Domino’s Pizza.  3219 Adeline St.,
Oakland call Rehman Khan at 334-6178 or 510-253-8463.

Clubs
1.	There will be a Club Commissioner’s meeting on Thursday, Apri1 7th
at lunch on C400.  All Club Reps must attend.  If you have any
questions,
please ask Mrs. McKnight-Johnson or Noah Fine Nathel and report if you
will not be able to attend by Wednesday, April 6th.

2.	The Ping Pong Club meets today at lunch in the Ping Ppong room in
the upper floor of the old gym. We will be picking T-shirt sizes today,
so all
members please show up!

3.	ELL students: Let's  get together to work on the yearbook.  We’ll be
meeting today at lunch ion C116.  Bring your lunch and ideas, I’ll
bring the cameras.  See you guys there!

4.	Come join the Modern Renaissance!  Enrollment is now open for
California’s quintessential knighthood training program:  A Hard Day’s
Kknight.  Learn the martial combat skills, and creative arts of the
modern knighthood.  Visit the website <www.AHardDaysKnight.com>.

Sports
1.  Attention Soccer players:  You need to turn in your equipment and
uniforms to Coach Juarez at once in C127.

Senior / Junior Section
1.	Latino Graduation committee meets at lunch on Thursdays in
Conference Room A.  Come and help make graduation special.

2.	Express Tuxedos will be here on Wednesday and Friday at lunch in the
courtyard.  Be there!

Events/ Performance
1.	Attention all music fans: the Tsunami Relief Group is having a
concert to Berkeley Rep’s Teen Council One- Act Festival, Friday and
Saturday
nights: April 1, 2, 8, and 9 @ 8:00 pm.  Berkeley Repertory School of
Theatre.  Tickets available at the door are $5.00 for students/ $10.00
for
adults.  Third annual festival presenting original one act plays
written, directed and produced entirely by Bay Area teens.

2.	Last chance to audition for Advanced Theater Projects --the
year-long Honors Dramatic Extravaganza.  Come to Mr. Winer’s room in
A203 on
Wednesday or Thursday at lunch.  Come with a monologue and your
improvisation skills!

3.	Yo check it.  All you free styling djs and poetry writers too,
Listen up to this announcement cuz we got a program for you.  We are
Project
ESCAP and inviting you to partake in an after school program in which
you will create aVideo productions, music, food, and art.  There’s no
limit in
what you can start.  Learn to express yourself in multiple ways.
Everyone is welcome.  Fridays at 3:30 p.  We met in the Pit.  Pizza is
served, it’s a guaranteed hit.

Sales
1.	Yearbooks will be sold Monday – Thursday during lunch on the
Community Theater steps.  The price will go up after next week, so be
sure to buy
your yearbook before next week!  The yearbook will also be having a
bake sale on Tuesday.  So help support the yearbook and buy some yummy
food!

2.	Latino graduation fundraiset:  Tamales, rice and beans at lunch
today in the courtyard.

3.	Food sale at lunch.  Come buy great food and support the
Chicano/Latino graduation.