[BHS etree] ETREE: etree reaches 2, 001 subscribers and tips for subscribers

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Mar 20 15:58:33 PST 2005

1. Barrier broken! Last week the etree reached 2001 subscribers! A very
exciting moment.  However, our Goal is to reach 2,500 this year. To do so we
need your help.  Please pass the word to any families you know who might not
have heard of the etree.  Encourage them to subscribe to what is an
invaluable resource for Berkeley High. To subscribe send an email to
bhs-request at idiom.com with one word only in the subject line: subscribe. If
for some reason the subscription doesn't  work, please have the call Janet
at 527-1130 and she will enter the address by hand.

2. Digest.  On a normal school day the etree sends up to five or six
postings. It is now possible when you subscribe to opt for the "digest"
form.  The digest collects all etree postings on a daily basis and sends
them out in batches, one or two times a day. Some people prefer receiving
their information in this form. If you want to switch to the digest form let
us know and we can do it for you.

3. We are aware that many people do not have access to email.  This year
parent Beth Summers has faithfully printed  up the daily etree postings and
delivered them to the Parent Resource center where they were kept in a
binder. Parents, and students, take advantage of the "hard copy etree."
Beth's son is a senior so we will be looking for a replacement.  If you are
interested, get in touch with us.

4.  If you wish to respond to an etree posting, please do not hit reply but
direct your message to the contact person who is usually listed at the top
of the postings. Occasionally,  there is no contact person listed.  In that
case, hit reply and we at the etree will do our best to answer your
questions.

5. All etree postings are archived.  To find an old post, go to
http://idiom.com/mailman/listinfo/bhs (listed at the bottom of each
posting). Once at the site you will find "bhs Archives" under "About bhs."
The postings are grouped by week.

6.  Finally , we would like to introduce ourselves.  The etree is a PTSA
sponsored volunteer effort.  Kathryn Capps is the parent of junior girl and
an 8th grader at Willard.  Janet Huseby has three children who have
graduated from BHS (and college!) and is the parent of a senior boy. This
year she  has also been working part time at the school as the paid
Volunteer Coordinator. If you think you would be interested in taking over
her half of the etree, please contact her at jhuseby at pacbell.net.  In her
opinion, it is THE best volunteer job at Berkeley High. It is especially
appealing to those of us who enjoy receiving email.