[BHS etree] SPORTS: Basketball!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Mar 7 18:09:42 PST 2005

contact:  Kristin Glenchur [mailto:kglenchur at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

It's an exciting time for Berkeley High Boys and Girls Basketball.  First
the boys defeated defending NCS and Norcal champions De La Salle at home
on Friday night before a packed crowd.  They went on to win the NCS
Division I title for the first time since 1978 at Cal State East Bay by
defeating #1 ranked Newark Memorial.  Now they are ranked #1 in the the
Norcal tournament and, on Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Donahue, will face the
winner of the Castlemont vs. Galileo game played on Monday night at Kezar.
 If they win, they will play at home on Thursday at 7 p.m..  A win on
Thursday will send them to the Arco Arena in Sacramento for the Norcal
Championship.

The Girls team lost to Deer Valley on Saturday night, but will proceed in
the Norcal tournament as the #5 seed.   The loss on Saturday ended a nine
year NCS Div. I win streak; a tenth win would have made them the first
team in Northern California history, and one of three in California
history, to win ten in a row.  The sole senior on the team, Danesha
Wright, will lead the young team this Tuesday when they travel and face
Sequoia High of Redwood City at 7:00.

Tickets are $9 adult and $6 senior/student and may be purchased an hour
and a half before game time at the host sites.

Kristin Glenchur
Athletic Director, Berkeley High School
kglenchur at berkeley.k12.ca.us
(510) 644-8723 office