[BHS etree] SPORTS: Trainer Joe is leaving at the end of this week

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Feb 23 14:56:58 PST 2005

contact Kristin Glenchur kglenchur at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Joe Scarcella, our much loved and respected trainer, will be leaving
Berkeley High for a full time athletic training job at the College of
Marin.  Joe brought much passion and care for his work and for our
students. He made grant requests for important equipment for the training
room, got on his hands and knees to fix the ice machine, treated the
students with kindness and respect, and was a master at his craft.  Joe
recently got married, and I wish he and his wife much luck in the future.

Please take an opportunity this week to stop in and say goodbye. He may be
around, as time permits, for special events, but the training room will be
closed after school until a new trainer can be hired.

The job has been posted for several weeks now, but there have been no
applicants.  If you are aware of an athletic trainer, particularly if they
are certified, please have them me asap.  The position is Monday through
Friday from 3:30-6:00, with some later evenings for special events,  and
pays $1650/mo through the school year.

Kristin Glenchur
Athletic Director, Berkeley High School
kglenchur at berkeley.k12.ca.us