[BHS etree] ADMIN: YET MORE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED this week (Feb. 7-10)

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Feb 6 20:56:55 PST 2005

This week (Feb. 7-10) there is a big demand for volunteers mostly as a
result of the new semester (schedule changes and new projects).   In
addition to the three opportunities which I sent out yesterday (see below),
Ms Abrams needs help in the College and Career Center on  Thursday, 2/10
from 1 to 4.  If you can help with any or part of that time slot, please
e-mail Ilene Abrams at iabrams at berkeley.k12.ca.us

1A.  See above.

1. Stuffing, Tuesday (and maybe Wednesday).  Assistant Principal Rory Bled
needs help with a mailing. This job involves stuffing, sealing and labeling
envelopes.  Please come to the office on Tuesday (and possible Wednesday) if
you can help with this task.  Easy and a good opportunity to meet fellow
parents. email jhuseby at pacbell.net

2. 9th Grade Community Service Fair, Wednesday.  On Wednesday, Feb. 9
Berkeley High will hold its first ever Community Service Fair from 9:30 to
11:30 and 12:30 to 2:30 in the Community Theater Foyer.   This fair will be
visited by all the freshmen, class by class. A group of volunteers has been
contacting community organizations who might be interested in a 9th grade
volunteers.  Some organizations are sending a representative, others are
sending material. The Fair is to facilitate the new "Honors Strand" which,
among other requirements, is asking students to do 20 hours of community
service.  We need volunteers to help run the show.  This is a GREAT
opportunity to meet the class of 08--everyone of them! If you can help,
please let me know at Jhuseby at pacbell.net (For parents who are wondering,
9th grades will be given details about the honors strand on Monday or
Tuesday. They will bring home a packet of information.  Please watch for
it.)

3.  Finally, we will may need one or maybe two parents to deliver schedule
changes every morning of the week.

Thank you dear Berkeley High Community.  You folks are the best!
Janet Huseby