[BHS etree] SPORTS: Celebrity Waiter Lunch 3/15 needs your help!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Feb 3 07:09:45 PST 2005

Contact: Mary Kay Murlas, murlas at sbcglobal.net   510-866-9050

Join us at the Celebrity Waiter Luncheon

For the 8th year, the Berkeley Athletic Fund is sponsoring the Celebrity
Waiter Lunch and Silent Auction: March 15, 2005,  11:00 am Hs. Lordships's
Restaurant at the Berkeley Marina

All  proceeds benefit Berkeley High Athletic Teams.

For the past several years the event has raised over
$20,000, all of which has been granted to individual
teams and the athletic department as a whole.

Tickets are $60/individual  or $500 for a table of ten
and must be reserved in advance.

Once again, BHS alum John Sasaki, KTVU Channel 2, will
be our enthusiastic MC.   Our celebrity waiters
include BHS alum whowent on to play sports in college
and professionally, local sportswriters and sports
broadcasters, Mayor Tom Bates and Principal Jim Slemp,
and former pro football and basketball players who
come out to support BHS at this fun event.

Ask anyone who has attended and they will testify that
the luncheon is a great time.

Your help as a BHS parent is needed to help make the
event another success.  Here are the ways you can
help:

1.  Organize a table  - with parents of  your child's
team (and invite the coach as a guest),  or through
your work or community organization  (a fun,
worthwhile way to reward clients and/or   socialize
with your colleagues).  For fliers and to reserve a
table,
contact Ellen Brotsky at 526-2390 or
willsky at earthlink.net

2.  Donate goods or services to the silent auction.  ]
To donate, contact Terry Shames at 548-7113 or email
her at tmshames at pacbell.net

3.  Volunteer to help with the silent auction and
lunch  - we need volunteers for small jobs prior to
the luncheon and also many volunteers to help the day
of the luncheon.  If you volunteer, you can purchase
your lunch at a discounted price.   To volunteer,
contact Ellen Brotsky at 526-2390 or willsky at earthlink.net

=====
Mary Kay Murlas
murlas at sbcglobal.net