[BHS etree] PTSA: Embracing Diversity Films Next Showing February 15

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Feb 1 14:19:31 PST 2005

CONTACT: Sally Douglas Arce, arce_sd at yahoo.com, 510-527-1328 or Maxine
Tatmon-Gilkerson, iricbridges at aol.com, 510-243-0797.

Embracing Diversity Films and Albany High School PTA
present "Not in our Town II" on Tuesday February 15 at
7 p.m. at Albany High School, 603 Key Route Blvd. in
Albany. Enter through the main doors on Key Route
Blvd., turn left and walk down the hall to Room 109 on
the right. Please arrive early as space is limited.
Admission is free and donations are welcome. This
screening will be followed by a facilitated
discussion.

The "Not in our Town" project was launched in 1994
with the national public television special "Not in
our Town I," which followed the story of how citizens
of Billings, Montana joined forces to resist bigotry
in their town. The project is structured around
national networking, grassroots events, an action tool
kit, curriculum guide and on-line activities
(pbs.org/niot). "Not in our Town II" is a follow-up
special broadcast from 1996.

"Not in our Town II" travels to communities inspired
to act against intolerance by the story of Billings,
Montana residents who stopped an upsurge of hate
violence. From Bloomington, Illinois to New York City
to Columbia, Ohio to Novato, California to Kokomo,
Indiana, office workers, police officers, and
newspaper reporters create positive community
solutions to hate violence and the resurgence of Ku
Klux Klan activity.

For more information about Embracing Diversity Films,
please contact Sally Douglas Arce, arce_sd at yahoo.com,