[BHS etree] EVENTS: Film at BHSWednesday Eve Event

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Jan 24 16:23:58 PST 2005

Contact: Matt Fritzinger
510.325.6502/fritz at norcalmtb.org

CYCLING FILMS – DOUBLE FEATURE IN BERKELEY
Proceeds Benefit the NorCal High School Mountain Bike League

January 24th, 2005 (Berkeley, CA) – On Wednesday, January 26th, at 7:00 PM
there will be screenings of both Children of the Dirt & The Tour, Baby!
Two cycling films with something for everyone.  The films will be shown at
the Berkeley High School Community Theater and the evening will include
door prizes, a raffle, and special guests Marla Streb and Kathy Pruitt.
 All proceeds will benefit the NorCal High School Mountain Bike League.

Children of the Dirt is a riveting thirty minute documentary follows a
league of 180 high school athletes as they ride through the 2004 mountain
bike race season. Over a slamming series of 6 races, the 2004 NorCal
League defiantly catapults itself among the stick-and-ball leagues
dominating the prep-sports landscape.  From green hair and a
broccoli-eating contest to a hip-hop marching band soundtrack, the
exhilarating energy captured by filmmaker Nicole Hahn truly shakes the
ground.  Rick Sutton, organizer of the Sea Otter Classic said "My wife
Gail and I entered the theater expecting to politely view (and suffer
through) a homemade video. We were swept away by the wonderfully charming
and entertaining "Children of Dirt". It's a keeper in our DVD collection."

Armed with only a return air ticket, his bike, clothes and a Sony Digital
Camera, The Tour Baby! is Scott’s film about life on the road following
the world’s greatest sporting spectacle. The 65 minute film features cameo
appearances from non-other than Lance Armstrong and the US Postal team,
Robin Williams, Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen, Jean Marie Leblanc, the
Podium girls, live footage from the Mavic Service Course car,
"chitty-chitty bang-bang" and so much more!

The Nor Cal High School Mountain Bike League is a 501(c)3 non-profit
organization open to students from both public and private schools. The
league provides coaching and camaraderie to help students achieve both
competitive and non-competitive cross-country mountain biking goals in a
safe and enjoyable manner. The 2005 calendar presented by Clif Bar begins
February 5th and includes weekend riding camps, summer riding camps, a
6-race series, and a coaches’ conference.

To purchase advance tickets ($10 each) or for more info go to
http://www.norcalmtb.org/new/spon/dirt_tour.htm.